Auto layout driving you crazy? Scared about what will happen with your design in the browser? Then this deep dive workshop is perfect for you.
We will learn everything about how to set up responsive design with Figma. This will be a deep dive into constraints, auto layout, and, most importantly but rarely discussed, breakpoints for your UI Design. Combining those tools will allow us to really test and document your designs and components in line with the actual code settings.
All proceeds from this workshop will be donated to humanitarian aid in Ukraine 🇺🇦
Workshop, 1×3h + Q&A
Friday, March 17th, 2023
09:00 – 12:00 am pt (18:00 – 21:00 cet) check your time zone
In this workshop, we will explore the following topics. (This might be slightly adapted, depending on new releases):
We will start with constraints:
- What they are
- How to apply them correctly
- How they are a total lifesaver when it comes to working with grids
- Did you know you can combine constraints and auto layout?
- Being aware of limitations
Deep dive into auto layout:
- What is auto layout?
- How and where to apply auto layout
- Understanding the auto layout menu
- Spacing and stacking
- Build a responsive card and learn about the power of resizing
- Play with the mighty power of nested auto layout frames
- Absolute positioning
- Create more complex card setups
- Set up an entire page in auto layout
- Learn about different stacking options
- Fixed aspect ratio with images
We will then learn how to deal with breakpoints in Figma:
- What are they
- How do components and pages adapt?
- How do breakpoints and media queries work in CSS
- Which breakpoint values should I use for my design
- How to set up breakpoints in Figma
- How to test pages and components with breakpoints
- Documenting the findings
- A word about responsive typography
Who Is This For?
This class is suitable for you if you have basic knowledge of Figma or are an advanced Figma user and want to brush up on your skills.
You might also like this workshop if you switch from another software like Sketch and XD.
And, of course, as a special welcome to developers who want to improve the collaboration between design and code and better understand the responsive setup in Figma.
What hardware/software do you need?
To view the webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can.
To make the most use of the course, I recommend you have a free (or above) Figma account.
Is there a recording, in case I miss the session?
Who teaches the class?
How much does it cost?
Details about the Charity
Stay informed about future workshops
Sign up and be the first to know about new releases, workshops, and articles.